bez bot


Bez bot = No shoes on (Czech)


21 October 2012

Post summer news!


Wow, long time no speak!
Sorry folks, I let you wait for so long, a lot of things has happened since my last post. Where shall I start? 

Firstly, I have moved again. No, I'haven't left Europe. And no, that doesn’t mean I stopped going barefoot. Even though it’s tough, really tough to meet some fellow barefooters here. But I don’t give up! I look for them! Actually the other day, it was late evening, a man with a dog crossed a street in front of me and I though he was barefoot and my whole heart started to bump from excitement… Until I had a closer look and I discovered he had a pair of beige leather loafers. Gee! Nevermind, there will be a time (I hope so) I meet someone like-minded.

Last week-end I walked through a park, enjoying myself in some fine autumn sun, on a fresh grass and even in a little creek running across the lawn. That was peaceful! No rush of the city, no cars running along, trams, buses, people screaming on the phone.. Just a piece of nature. How relieving! 
I saw a lot of runners around (and they  stared at me, disbelieving the lack of shoes while I was walking down the stony path) that reminded me how bad running shoes are. Well, bad is not the exact word. Health-ruining would suit better. 
To be honest, I have a pair of them myself. And maybe thats also why I can tell the difference. The whole technique of running is different! I suggest you to watch the video below, the issue is explained quite simple yet very efficent way!


I‘ve also started to attend regularly some sport activities here. Will you be surprised if I tell you that all of them are strictly barefoot?  No, I dont think you will. ;)
I. e. Contemporary Egypt’s dance. You actually never step on your heel! Most of the class (high-heel ladies) is having a serious trouble with that kind of walking / dancing. How sad.

And now let me ask you a question:
Which barefoot situation brings you the most pleasure, satisfaction or joy?

For me it’s definitely walking the city while it rains.
Well, I can surely think about more pleasurable moments, but I have just remembered a week ago or so when I went rain-walking-and-a-puddle-stepping and I felt like a little excited kid, enjoying every single little moment...    

I will try to remember and put down some extraordinary moments that happened in past 3 months and until then…
Enjoy the life barefooting!

4 comments:

  1. hi :) I just found your blog - it's night before exams and instead of studying I'm browsing web to find some other barefooters closer to my home - (I'm from Slovakia :) ... I've made the "switch" to barefoot living this year - while I'm studying in Portugal - so far so good, no big complains from people here, I got a few smiles and few weird stares at the street but nothing major... I was wondering how it's with shops? - do you wear shoes when going shopping? - I didn't try going barefoot in grocery-stores here because I don't speak portuguese well enough to argue with people :D ...but I didn't find any law which would forbid people walking barefoot in stores... do you have any ideas/suggestions about this? ...sorry for the long comment :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jarka! I hope you passed your exams and welcome to a growing barefooting community! ;)
    Well, maybe it's better you don't speak portugese, you can always pretend not to understand, as a reply you can smile and keep on shopping barefoot. Nobody's going to physically grab you or kick you out of the store. And if they think you're crazy? Who cares? :)
    So far I've never had any troubles in stores. You'll be surprised how cold the floor in the shops could be! Go for it and let me know how it went! Cheers to Portugal!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is very open with a precise description of the challenges.
    It was definitely informative. Your website is very useful.

    Thanks for sharing!

    my webpage; Dragon City Cheat Engine

    ReplyDelete
  4. And how is YOUR new barefooting season (after this endless raining spring), Barefooting Girl? It's now a long time since we read you last time...

    ReplyDelete

Feel like sharing your point? :)