bez bot


Bez bot = No shoes on (Czech)


11 April 2012

Spring stars in Prague

Spring is fooling around with us, right? Prague has been pretty cold these days, I wonder what it has been like where you are. I'd say climate is indeed "heels over head". After hot hot days (sunbathing in swim suits at the park!) here we go with a snow – in April!!! That may lead you to believe there are NO BAREFOOTERS AROUND, but it is not true! Surprisingly I met more of them these days then in the previous warmer weeks.

Last week-end everybody was wrapped up in warm coats and all the sudden I met these two American couples down the road. Nothing interesting, you might say. Right, unless you noticed one of the guys (that I assumed to be a father) leading happily the whole group, holding his kid with one hand and holding his shoes with the other, proudly showing his freaking dirty soles. I guess it had been a long time since he took his shoes off. And why not?!? Thumb up for his bravery!

Today I saw something unbelievable – an old lady (she looked like 75+) slowly moving with a walker (a steel structure with four little wheels) jumping on (and later off) the moving stairs... and she did everything barefoot! Wow!
Actually it wasn't difficult to understand why – her "nightmare shoes" (how I immediately called them - high heels, hanging on the walker) would had been a torture even for me and I'm much much younger than her!
But still I am aware that only considering taking them off might have cost her a certain effort and I clap my hands to her. She was my star on the underground!

Let's not forget that not only the society needs to be shocked sometimes, but also our own health needs some refreshment. So why not to kill two birds with one stone and hit the street shoeless? The soles are full of reflex zones which will bless you when you pay attention to them. 
 
So kick your shoes off and enjoy the life barefooting!

2 comments:

  1. Nejen v Praze, ale i v Olomouci bylo možné 2 takové lidi zahlédnout :-) tedy 4, pokud počítám také sebe a mou nastávající :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Výborně, výborně, jen tak dál, Vláďo! Bosých lidí není nikdy dost! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel like sharing your point? :)