bez bot


Bez bot = No shoes on (Czech)


24 June 2010

Kids in Barcelona are so spontaneous!

Well, keeping on with Catalan city, I had the possibility to go a bit around and enjoy some more of the town.
Also the comments about me being around with no shoes on are big fun... well, in generally I like to see peoples' reactions.
The most expressive are kids - no prejudices I gues.. underground tram: "Daddy, daddy, that lady is barefoot!!!" Unfortunately daddy talk too quietly for me to hear the answer. Poor girl was 10, maybe 11, with black polished toe nails in a very fancy sandals..

Another couple of kids were so spontaneously surprised when we met in different quarters of the city (Gracia mostly)... I was just able to decipher spanish (or catalan?) "descalza!" (which is similar to italian "scalza").. means barefoot.

Anyway. The same quarter, they have a pretty unique speciality there - asphalted street with little red stones (diameter 2 - 4 cm) popping out - not really comfortable, I saw also a dificulty for bikers... well, just wondering what the meaning might be.

Park Güell is so worth to see and pretty natural too, perfect massage for your feet after flat streets of the city! Up the hill, get ready to climb up a bit, but u get everything there: stones, sand, grass, walking paths... only water missing. :)

For the hostel story - the guy doesn't talk to me at all and goes everywhere I go here and checks everything I do here! :)
Funny thing is that my boyfriend wears black flip flops and his feet are even more dark than mine! Yesterday he took a shower and made a lot of imprints around with his shoes... But I'm sure the suspicious guy wouldn't believe it wasn't me! ;)

This is our last day in Barcelona. 
Oh, I saw two "barefoot beggers" (wrapped up females, I guess with gipsy origins) around Sagrada Familia.. it's sad enough for us, real barefooters, but they just use the immagine of somebody with no shoes as somebody who desperately need help, they try to evoke sorriness to get some coins.. One of them had even her shoes behind her!

Don't forget to ... Enjoy the life barefooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel like sharing your point? :)