bez bot


Bez bot = No shoes on (Czech)


21 June 2011

Venice Trip - Bella Veneeeziaaa!

All right, my dear followers and readers, here I go again!

My life runs so fast and I have almost no time to share my little barefoot experiences, what a shame!
so let me catch up, because I have something to say... :)

Yes, indeed I still do travel, though in this time a bit less.
Anyway, I went to Venice for a few days and I had a great time there!
The funniest highlights?

There's a bridge called The Bridge of Barefooters (Ponte dei Scalzi), just a few meters from the train station Venice Santa Maria Lucia.
Well, I wonder how many barefooters this bridge have seen in it's whole existence. IMHO not many. This time I was the only one - why do people wonder that there's a barefooting girl crossing The Barefooters' Bridge with no shoes on?!? ;)


The pavements in the city are pretty nice, clean. Though I do not recommend going to the fish market - a lot of small pieces of broken glass (and smelly slippery flor, especially if you happen to be there when the market is over).

I saw three more barefooters!


I can only guess where were they from.... any my guess is: Germany! But who knows.

I've received many agitated comments along the way. I'm just having fun listening to them. The range was from "Look at her, she's barefoot!" through "How dirty!" and "She's gonna get many diseases!" (mother explaining to a kid) to "That's incredibly insane!" and "Disgusting!"...
Well, the funny thing is that the most disgusted people were the once dressed up according to the latest fashion and businessmen with ties and shiny shoes... No comment, they don't know what they miss! :D

Something to recommend:
Go with no shoes on in the middle of the San Marco's Square, get surounded by pigeons and throw around you some crumbs... Even better is to leave some crumbs on your toes and let them be pecked by pigeons... Unforgettable feeling! ;)
 

Well, in general: thumbs up, very barefooting friendly city (with barefoting unfriendly citizens).

And as a final pic-gift here comes the only official venetian barefooter (he was actually accompagnied by a personal security guide!) overlooking the city from the opposite bank:

Well, not only barefooter, but also naturist - well, you can do both in Venice.. as long as you are a piece of marble! ;)

Stay tuned, more stories are coming. And...
Enjoy the life barefooting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I just discovered your blog, which is a treat!
    I'm also a barefooter, from France, and I'm always interested in sharing about the barefoot lifestyle.

    You can now count me as a one of your blog follower!

    Masto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hello Masto!
    That's a nice surprise! I'm happy to hear you like my blog! I haven't been in France so far..
    If you feel like writing down some french barefooting "observation", I'll be glad to post it! ;)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Feel like sharing your point? :)